The A to Z of RCS
If our handsets are about to be bombarded with Rich Communication Services, with no acronyms or techy-talk – here is what you should know in the A to Z of RCS
- Your favourite brands and business are going to use it to manage comms with YOU – their customer.
- It will be a default messaging services on 75% of smartphones worldwide (so no app to download, signup or passwords needed).
- The sender can include logos, animations, pictures, files or video clips – just like email or WhatsApp.
- Red hot data like “message-received” and “read” comes as standard – so marketing departments will LOVE it.
- Pictures, videos, menu options can be swiped across the screen (carousel), so it’s user friendly and engaging; with promotions coming to life!
- Reply buttons and chatbot functions will allow immediate two-way communication – just like customer services on a website.
- Security limiting spam / fraud is locked in.
- There’s no limits to business sending or receiving these messages – unlike Apple or WhatsApp.
- Is will be the world’s largest messaging platform by Dec 2020 – It’s coming to a handset near you, whether you like it or not.
OMG so for A2P and P2A and P2P this RCS is OK … oops!
Get the low down on the Battle of RCS v WhatsApp Business