DialogTech, a leading provider of actionable marketing analytics for phone calls, has unveiled a new direct integration with Facebook and Instagram, enabling advertisers to use insights from phone call conversions to more effectively measure return on ad spend and target customers who want to connect by calling.
Part of the DialogTech solution for social advertising, the integration enables brands and agencies to view attribution and intelligence on callers within Facebook Ads Manager alongside click data. This holistic view of ad performance makes it easy for marketers to optimize for the Facebook and Instagram campaigns and targeting strategies driving the most conversions and customers, both online and over the phone.
The DialogTech announcement comes as phone calls have become critical to the success of Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns. Thanks to the overwhelmingly mobile nature of both social platforms, with over 80% of users logging in on smartphones, conversions from Facebook and Instagram come increasingly over the phone.
According to analyst firm BIA/Kelsey, social media ads will drive over 19 billion calls to US businesses this year, a 240% increase from 2014. Studies also show that inbound phone calls convert to revenue at a rate 10x-15x greater than online conversions, making them a far more valuable lead to businesses.
“Phone calls are not only a natural conversion path for smartphone users, they are an important step in the customer journey for many of social media’s biggest advertisers, including businesses in automotive, travel, financial services, retail and tech,” said Irv Shapiro, CEO of DialogTech. “DialogTech makes it easy for marketers to take a data-driven approach to driving calls and customers from Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns, increasing their impact on business results.”
DialogTech’s integration with Facebook and Instagram includes:
- Detailed attribution for every call:Whether calls happen directly from a Call Now ad button or after a consumer clicks through to the advertiser’s website, that conversion is mapped to the appropriate campaign, ad set and ad that drove it in Facebook Ads Manager. Marketers get a holistic view of how their ads drive online and call conversions, so they can make smarter optimizations.
- View-through attribution for callers: If a consumer views an advertiser’s ad on Facebook or Instagram without acting, but converts later by calling from a different marketing channel, DialogTech still credits the social ad with influencing the call.
- Retargeting or exclusion of past callers: Marketers can re-engage past callers with ads and landing pages optimized to drive calls or they can exclude callers that became customers from seeing their ads again.
- Targeting lookalike audiences likely to call: Using DialogTech data, marketers can expand their reach and acquire new customers by targeting lookalike audiences similiar to customers who converted over the phone.
- More intelligent conversion optimization: Marketers can use call insights from DialogTech with the online data in Ads Manager to optimize for what’s really driving the most conversions and customers, whether online or over the phone.
“Thanks to Facebook’s powerful targeting options, the callers we generate from our ad campaigns are some of the best converting leads,” said Camila De Bierre, Social Media Specialist at Westgate Resorts, one of the largest resort developers in the world. “DialogTech shows us exactly how our Facebook ads drive callers that become customers, so we can optimize performance for what’s really working. We’ve also seen great results using DialogTech data to target past callers and new lookalike audiences with Facebook ads encouraging them to re-engage over the phone.”
The integration is part of the DialogTech solution for social advertising, the only end-to-end solution for phone calls from Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms. DialogTech makes it easy for marketers to measure and optimize calls from social ads, activate call analytics data throughout their marketing stack, capture and analyze phone conversations for insights and personalize each caller’s experience to help sales teams convert more calls to customers. For more information, visit dialogtech.com/solutions/social.