To mark its 20th anniversary, the global affiliate marketing network Awin has released a special edition of its Awin report, including commentary on the latest trends within the industry, case studies, the potential for affiliate marketing on the high street and predictions for 2020 and beyond.
The special edition of the report is the fourth instalment of the global guide into the state of the affiliate marketing industry, which has been downloaded more than 15,000 times since its 2017 inception.
The 20th anniversary report comments on the radical changes in the affiliate channel over the past 20 years, reflecting not only on Awin’s history but also the role the business has played in shaping the global affiliate industry.
With a variety of key contributors from across the digital landscape, the report presents:
- A unique perspective on the latest trends within the industry including cross-border shopping, the global growth of smartphone adoption and tracking in a privacy-conscious era
- Inspiring success stories, past and present, from brands including Carphone Warehouse, HP and vouchercloud
- Views from mass media houses such as Marie Claire on why they are now embracing affiliate marketing
- An assessment of the size of the affiliate opportunity on the high street
- Predictions for 2020 forecasting attribution solutions, tracking updates and emerging entrepreneurialism
The report also includes input from former Awin employees, reflecting on their time at the company, setting them on the path to current roles in companies including ASOS, Facebook, Axel Springer, Volkswagen and Verizon Media.
Alongside this retrospective, the report acknowledges a fundamental realignment within the affiliate industry based on changing client needs, outlining a new journey Awin is embarking on to reinvent and rethink relationships with partners.
The Awin Report 2020 is available to download for free here. Attendees at Affiliate Summit West on 28th – 29th January can visit the Awin + ShareASale Coffee Lounge to receive a printed copy of the report.
Kevin Edwards, Global Strategy Director at www.awin.com, said:
“Anniversaries allow us to take stock of the past, as well as celebrate success. We’re immensely proud of our heritage, particularly the people that have contributed over the past 20 years, both to the success of our company but also to driving the industry forward. It’s human nature to focus on the challenges and with recent years proving particularly tricky for marketers, it was important for us to showcase the evolution of the affiliate channel and remind us all how far we’ve come. That being said, it’s imperative to define a compelling vision for 2020 and embark on projects to cement affiliate marketing’s credentials as a data-respectful and transparent vehicle for continued investment.”