MEF, the global trade body has officially relaunched as the Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and has announced its new board following its AGM at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Rimma Perelmuter, CEO at MEF explains: “The Mobile Ecosystem Forum is a natural evolution for our organisation championing the broadening industry to represent all members of the ecosystem – cross borders, sectors and company size. The ecosystem we work with connects all companies who deliver or enable consumer mobile services.
As new sectors embrace mobile as the primary digital touch-point and innovation offers new opportunities, the Mobile Ecosystem Forum helps members to collaborate and accelerate the growth of a sustainable mobile industry that drives inclusion for all and delivers trusted services that enrich the lives of consumers worldwide.”
The EMEA Board elections took place during Mobile World Congress with 11 candidates representing this diversity in the ecosystem contesting seven seats. Darren Foulds, Managing Director of Barclays Mobile and Pingit, Barclays was re-elected as Chair and Adia Sowho Head of Digital Media, Etisalat Nigeria was elected as Vice-Chair.
The seven newly elected EMEA Board directors are as follows:
• Darren Foulds, Managing Director of Barclays Mobile and Pingit, Barclays
• James McNab, Managing Director Africa and CCO, Basebone
• Robert Gerstmann, Managing Director, CLX Networks
• Graham Thomas, Marketing Director, Deutsche Telekom UK
• Adia Sowho, Head of Digital Media, Etisalat Nigeria
• Chris Davies, General Counsel EMEA & Head of Privacy, InMobi
• Tahsin Akar, Director of Mobile Services, Turkcell
They join the following incumbent Directors:
• Johan Lindstrom,Vice President of Digital Commerce, Europe, MasterCard
• Keith Varty, Director of Apps Marketing, Microsoft
• Naji Bouhabib, CEO & Founder, Mobile Technology Tomorrow ‘MT2’
• Allen Dickson, VP of Europe, RealNetworks
• Oliver Nitz, SVP Mobile Brand Licensing North & International, Viacom International Media Networks
Perelmuter says: “We welcome the newly elected EMEA board who will help steer the Chapter as we advance this evolution and provide ongoing support around MEF led initiatives across the diverse region to help build a sustainable and trusted future mobile future.”
Darren Foulds, EMEA Board Chair and Managing Director of Barclays Mobile adds: MEF’s evolution to the Mobile Ecosystem Forum is essential to both the industry and the organisation. Mobile presents exciting new opportunities across the value chain particularly in markets previously unconnected. MEF provides a global platform for addressing issues that affect the ever-broadening ecosystem through member collaboration. I am delighted to have been re-elected as EMEA Board Chair to help advance initiatives in the region.”