Juniper Networks, an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will participate in this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to demonstrate how service providers can take advantage of its world-class engineering and innovation to help tame today’s growing complexity and concerns associated with the major transformation to a 5G-ready network. On its stand in Hall 2, 2I60/2J61, Juniper’s subject matter experts will guide visitors on how to immediately start implementing the right foundational architecture to reap the benefits of new business opportunities created by 5G, IoT and the cloud.
“5G is firmly on the horizon. Beyond the inevitable hype around all new technologies, it’s often heralded as the future savior of mobile communications – the technology that will enable users to do so much more than they can today,” explained Rami Rahim, Chief Executive Officer at Juniper Networks. “However, delivering new services at huge scale both in terms of capacity and connectivity – to humans and to ‘things’ – will take a massive toll on today’s networks. To prepare for this 5G-led explosion of bandwidth and devices, providers will need to transform their infrastructure, operations and service delivery to capitalize on the opportunities. For this, service providers require a secure, automated and cloud-native architecture capable of delivering diverse services in a cost-effective and agile way.”
Juniper’s Show Highlights
- During the show, Juniper will showcase its leading solutions for People and Things, Industrial IoT, and Immersive Experiences. For each of these use cases, these Juniper solutions and their underlying technologies provide a blueprint to take the ‘how to migrate to 5G’ concerns off the table and allow service providers to focus on growing their core businesses sooner, rather than later. Specifically, the following solutions and technologies will be discussed:
Pervasive Security to remediate threats in real-time
Predictive Automation to start the journey towards a Self-Driving Network
Distributed Edge Cloud to create new services
Converged IP Transport to simplify network design and implementation
- Utilise a Best-in-Class Partner Ecosystem
Juniper will also showcase various joint solutions with strategic partners, including Affirmed Networks, Corero, Ericsson, Hitachi, IBM, Mist Systems, NEC/Netcracker, Red Hat and Tech Mahindra.
- Demonstrate Multi-Vendor Capability and Customer Engagement
Juniper will be part of an i2cat multi-vendor demonstration of a modern ‘E2E 5G Connected Ambulance’ showcasing how an emergency services vehicle can be equipped with end-to-end connectivity. The setup will show how an ambulance can be equipped with a Juniper SD-WAN node (SRX320+LTE for the demo) connected to the roof satellite antenna and 5G modem to provide simultaneous and seamless connectivity via multiple technologies available in each location (3G, 4G, 5G, wi-fi, satellite or all of them at the same time). This enables the use of sophisticated medical equipment and cameras to be able to attend to patients on-site, no matter where they are, assisted by remote doctors for complex cases.
- Highlighted will be field projects with Ottawa L5, CENGN, Satellite Applications Catapult (SAC), NEC, Vodafone’s SD-WAN (Vodafone Group’s stand) and several tier 1 service providers that address key 5G/IoT use cases. These use cases range from smart cities, stadiums and factories to connected and self-driving vehicles to AR/VR and parallel high definition video streams.
- Additionally, Juniper will participate in three joint solution demonstrations with Ericsson on its stand (Hall 2, 2O60) throughout the event, including:
- Secure E2E 5G Transport including MX, PTX and SRX
- Network slicing orchestration across access, transport, core and data centers, including NorthStar and Junos Node Slicing
- Security automation including vSRX