Innovative augmented reality (AR) mobile combat game Reality Clash, which integrates limited-edition NFT weapons into its gameplay, has received a substantial update to both its design and experience for players on Android and iOS.
Publisher Reality Gaming Group has also partnered with Nonvoice to include Reality Clash as part of the first dedicated 5G app portal, Nonvoice Alive, which provides operators around the world with hand-picked, high quality consumer apps to start generating revenues from 5G devices and data plans.
Thailand’s True 5G, which is targeting 2m subscribers by end-2021, this month became the latest network to offer Alive, introducing Reality Clash to an entirely new audience of gamers.
Set in an underground world of cryptocurrency and hackers, Reality Clash sees players compete in real-time FPS battles within unique virtual environments. It remains one of the only games on the iOS App Store that allows players to buy and trade in-game NFT items outside of the platform through via the Reality Clash marketplace.
Significant enhancements to the game made live in this update include:
- Battle With Friends – With a new social list, players are now able to connect directly to friends and challenge them to battles without leaving the game.
- Low Latency Quick Battles – Players can now instantly engage in real time FPS battles with opponents across the world at the touch of a button.
- New Battle Page – All game menus consolidated into a single hub from where players can manage inventory and settings.
- Enhanced AR Gameplay – Players now have more varied spawn points, increased cover during shootouts, improved AI and better management of network lag.
- Improved Store Integration – User accounts can now be created in-game and linked to paid-for Armoury store inventory.
- Social Media – Players can now get involved with the Reality Clash community via integrated social feeds.
- Optimised Downloads – A smaller memory footprint a quarter of the original size means faster and more economical downloads of both the full game and its DLC.
- “Bladerunner” Style Admix adverts – Unobtrusive ads have been placed around the combat environments to create an ever-changing world that allows monetisation without disruption to players.
“The new release of Reality Clash represents the culmination of 18 months of focus testing around the world, during which time our community of players have stress-tested every element of the gameplay. I’d like to thank everyone who took part and gave up so much of their valuable time,” says Reality Gaming Group’s Co-Founder Tony Pearce. “Our latest feature set is a direct result of that feedback, allowing players to jump straight into battles with friends in addition to matchmaking through public lobbies, allowing the action to start faster than ever before.”