Nowadays, it is simply impractical for a business not to harness the power of the Internet for their marketing strategies. Going digital allows you to reach a wider audience in a more cost-efficient way.
With today’s global online community, customers residing beyond your borders can still enjoy your content and products. In a study conducted by Smart Insights, it was found that the majority of the companies they surveyed have acknowledged doing digital marketing but they did not have a defined strategies.
A digital marketing strategy is an overall plan of action to strengthen the online brand or presence. Campaigns, on the other hand, are the steps you take to achieve the fulfillment of your strategies.
A good strategy requires thorough planning and implementation. Here are some tips on how to create a powerful digital marketing strategy that can increase conversion rates for your business:
Set your goals
Recognize the goals what you want to achieve with your digital marketing campaigns. You can ask these questions as a start:
- Do you want new customers?
- Do you want to engage with your current clients more?
- Do you want to build your reputation as an expert in your industry?
Clearly define your objectives and make sure that your digital marketing plan allows you to accomplish those goals.
Identify your tools
To be able to gauge whether you’re on the right track, you should ascertain the right means for measuring your plan’s success. Testing the effectiveness of your digital strategy varies for each business and is directly dependent on the goals you want to accomplish. Some of the standard tools used by marketers are to get data for sales, website traffic, cost and revenue per lead, and conversion rates, among others.
If numbers seem daunting to you, you can easily enlist the help of a digital marketing agency to assist you in making sense of the all the data. An agency such as sixgun.com.au (based in Melbourne, Australia) can provide valuable services here, such as Google Analytics setup and training.
Know who you are selling to
The overarching goal of every business is to transform a visitor on their website into a paying customer. For you to do that, you need to identify who your target audience is. The best marketing strategies are those that are formed around their target buyer personas.
To create your potential customer, you must start with the demographics:
- Location – Spot what location generates the majority of your website traffic.
- Age – For food businesses, age difference among customers usually does not matter too much but, for products like clothes and gadgets, you need to know what age buys your products so that you can create content specifically for them.
- Economic status – This type of information is best collected from persona research interviews because of its sensitive nature.
Next, you move to psychographic information:
- Needs – Know what your customer needs so that you can provide solutions for them. This information is necessary for enhancing your products and services.
- Wants – Recognize the things that would provide your customers with an even better experience in the items you’re selling.
- Interests – Pinpointing your buyer’s hobbies can help you establish relevant partnerships and content.
Create an inventory
Evaluate the digital channels and assets you have now. There are generally three kinds of digital channels:
- Owned – Owned channels are your brand’s website, social media accounts, blog, and imagery. These contain the content that only your company decides on.
- Earned Channels – In simpler terms, earned channels include the content that you’ve garnered from others. This includes positive reviews, people sharing your posts on social media, and press mentions. Get potential viral content by using a user-friendly video production file sharing service.
- Paid Channels – This refers to any tool or service you spent money on to facilitate your quest to catch the attention of your target audience. Essentially, it is the content you paid for in exchange for visibility. This includes sponsored ads and Google AdWords.
A powerful digital marketing strategy does not go for jack-of-all-trades but, instead, focuses on specific targets for better outcomes. Maximize your return on investment by carefully planning out your goals and meticulously implementing your ideas. Make your promotion feel less like an ad and more like must-see entertainment by building excitement and curiosity.