LMS stands for Learning Management System. In detail, it is a tool for managing and accompanying training paths, from their creation to evaluations and the issuance of certifications. The LMS also stores training content (content that can also be created directly from the tool).
The LMS is a real ecosystem, encompassing not only all the tools related to training but also all the people who use it. Nowadays, numerous reputable firms offer enterprise lms development services to companies. LMS software can be useful for learners gathered in communities, managers, tutors, and trainers, as well as training managers and HR teams in charge of training management.
From an LMS, it is therefore possible both to manage training actions (administrators’ side) and to take training (learner side). In this article, you will get more familiar with LMS and how this system can improve workflow and training.
How Does an LMS Work?
The entire learning process is present in the LMS. Employees connect to follow their sessions and view their progress. As for administrators and trainers, they design the training devices step by step via the platform and follow the evolution of learners.
In detail, the Learning Management System makes it possible to carry out the following actions:
- Registration management. Administrators register a user or a group of users in one or more training courses. The procedure is partly automated. It is also possible to open registration periods (especially for classroom sessions), in this case, employees register themselves. The latter also have the freedom to register for online training according to their needs.
- Access to training content. 100% digital training courses are available directly on the LMS. Users also find additional resources on the platform, in different formats (manuals, videos, audio extracts…). The latter enrich face-to-face and/or remote sessions.
- Monitoring the evolution of learners. The LMS collects data from the progress of employees and then compiles statistics. It is therefore very easy for HR teams to follow the individual and global evolution in connection with a training path.
- Evaluations. Tests in training, quizzes and final evaluations are available on the Learning Management System. Users access it from their interface.
- Issuance of badges and certifications. The LMS also centralizes the badges and certifications issued to learners. The latter keep them as proof of their progress and success.
- Realization of feedback. Employees can fill out a questionnaire on the platform and send it automatically to administrators. The objective is to provide informative feedback to the teams in charge of vocational training, to improve the devices.
All these actions make LMS so popular and in demand amongst various groups of professionals.
LMS: Perfect Platform for the Deployment of E-learning on Mob
The LMS is an ideal support for taking digital training on mobile. A scalable and robust platform, integrating the most advanced technologies, the Learning Management System is revolutionizing classic e-learning. The isolation of the learner and, sometimes, a certain apprehension of the digital tool disappear in favour of a motivating and engaging experience.
The features of the LMS make it possible and energize exchanges through mobile devices, sharing of ideas, and emulation. Thus, quality digitized training combined with interaction leads to a faster mastery of skills.
LMS platforms are an essential element in your training digitalization project. In particular, it is useful for the follow-up data they bring you, but also for all the educational opportunities they allow: social learning, virtual classroom, learning community, etc.
To ensure that your selection best meets your needs, consider placing your project upstream before meeting with service providers. This helps identify key points and specific requests, enabling you to choose between the answers provided.
Finally, consider integrating all stakeholders into this project, precisely to identify the needs of each of them and ensure that teams are federated around this change. A great adventure to you!